A quick and healthy dish served usually for lunch. This is ideal for vegans and vegetarians
Prep Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes
500 grams of small brown lentils rinsed and washed of any debris
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
1 cup rice
1 brown onions finely chopped
500 ml of veg stock
a handful of chopped parsley to garnish
1. Boil the lentils until cooked and then strain and wash.
2. Boil the vegetable stock and add the rice until cooked
3. In another pan saute the chopped onion in olive oil until golden
5. Add the lentils and onions to the rice and mix together
6. Season with salt to taste
This dish is accompanied usually by fried white bait or a simple can of tuna and a salad.